Wednesday 8 July 2009

Two weeks today!

The countdown has just dawned on me....

14 Days to go......

I am really nervous and I didn't expect it. For all those who don't know me this is quite unprecedented. It's a huge step into the unknown and top that, with knowing, its not by any stretch going to be a bed of roses, my heart is beating faster...

If it was only me to look after, I don't think I would bat an eyelid. However its not.

I would like to thank all those who have shared their own experiences both, on the net and by phone and who have let me know what I can expect. I am very grateful for this, as it gives an insight, which is invaluable!!

Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure that passing the test and doing the actual job (which is mint over there) will be a breeze for you mate.

    Canada is awesome, and the people are great, as you probably already know!

    The opportunities for your kids, long term over there are 100 times what they might be in Hull, and of course, that's got to be why you are doing it.

    Mick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Can I ask where abouts you are going and which company your working for, my husband went in June to Lethbridge for H&R and myself and our boys are heading out hopefully end of August.
    Good luck to you with everything
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mick! I'll keep you posted

    Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alison,

    Sounds like we are doing exactly the same as you; but just a month later. Sarah and the kids are coming on the 18th September. Find me on the facebook under "Tom Mills" The picture is me with red glasses on, brown t shirt, lying on a field. We might be able to bounce ideas.

    Thanks Tom

    ReplyDelete