Monday 27 July 2009

Hans Day....

Today Hans, who is the guy who takes you everywhere, took us everywhere..

We started at the drugs test place. (Pee in the bottle.) Then we went for our social security numbers so we are able to pay taxes. After that it was to H+R to do our Alberta Health Care. Then we had our Medicals, sight test was good but my blood pressure was a bit high. (Doctor advised I watch this) From there we went to the bank. Had a good chat about accounts and the like, applied for a mortgage and a credit card, deposited some money.

Then I went to the theory test place to have another go, but there were 3 waiting and only and hour till closing, so I would have to come back tomorrow.

Got back to the hotel and spoke to the Realtor (Estate Agent). She is showing me some houses tomorrow, after I have had my driving lesson.

There is a lasagne in the microwave for my tea and I am enjoying myself................

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom
    I have just been reading your blog and it's great. My name is Garren and i live in Manitoba i have lived in Canada be 5 years oct. Look like you done a lot of research into coming to .Hope all works out for you good luck with your test. I love it here with my family it's the best thing by far i have done for them. you are starting at a good time of year.you will be able to get used to it b4 winter set which is good
    anyway once again good luck and i will keep an eye on how your doing.

    I have a few friends that work at H+R and they seem to enkjoy it there
    All the best Garren

    ReplyDelete