Wednesday 1 April 2009

Bad News..........

Just been laid off..... Can't believe it and only three months before we are due to leave...

The boss has chosen me because I am the only one who has shown a desire to leave. ie Canada. The trouble at the moment is there are so many people out of work I think I am going to struggle to get a decent job for the next three months. I have been offered a job with an Irish firm but it 5 or 6 weeks away. I need however to be home a bit more often than that, as soon we will have to be getting the finishing touches ready for the move.

I can think of many words to describe my boss at the moment, but none that I want to publish.

Fingers crossed something turns up!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. hi tom,sorry to hear the news.
    you are right also,it is difficult to find a decent job to see you through for a couple of months.
    i am doing a little for an agency,but only getting 2 or 3 days a week.the jobs that are advertised are only paying £6.00 per hour.these companies have got us by the short and curlies now,as there are so many out of work.
    there is a bight side though mate,not long before you get out of this shit hole.
    take care,speak soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a bit of a shock to the system to have the companies on top. I have only been driving for 8 years and it has only ever been a drivers market. You are right though not long!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit. I hope something turns up that will tide you over.
    5-6 weeks away is a bit harsh especially when you need to be back to make plans and organise things.
    Try to keep your chin up for you and your family.
    Best wishes, Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Phil, I'm sure something will turn up, it normally does.

    ReplyDelete