Saturday 18 October 2008

Hull Fair 2008











If we still had a house we would have remortgaged today, such is the impact of the fair these days. However, really good fun! This picture was taken with three children dying to get going.








The first ride was the tea cups. Emma looked very nervous to begin with, but she soon got with it. Then the girls went on the mini wheel and Jake got ready to go on the fast one, but chickened out when he saw the speed of it. When the girls got off, it was around to the merry-go-round. Jake sat on Bianca, Emma was on Jay and Lauren got Conrad. Emma look nervous again, but once it got going she was all smiles.
If you look at the bug rollercoaster above, I thought it looked a bit tame for Jake. Once he saw the basher ball swinging above his head, the ride took a whole new meaning as it got whacked from one way to the other. The woman who was sat behind became the best look alike boxer, ducking and diving as she tried to dodge it. (She was hit a few times. Score!)
Sarah and Syl took off to the donkey derby. Every single fair its the same! (in fact any ammusment place we go to) Now I thought I would be very good at this. I was rubbish! I came last. TWICE. Syl won though, so it was the first and last fluffy toy of the night.
The kids went in the fun house and the hamster wheel took them all by suprise. Each one straight on their arse. (Check the movie below).


The food tonight was out of this world. It was calorie after calorie. I started with a Bavarian Smoked Hot Dog, followed by Bob Carvers chips and mushy peas. Later I had a Waffle with a chocolate sauce, (only as a second choice because there were not any pancakes). I walked away full and content.

OH whats that! Pancakes! I can see pancakes! Stop! Stop! Sarah one of those please. Now this was really nice. Unfortuatley I had to share it. Lauren was looking at me drooling. You would have thought that she had not had anything. I don't think I could have finnished though. I felt sick and still do now.

All in all a fantastic evening. All the kids came home with a prize and the house is now full of junk. Syl will want it shifting soon, but hey whats new.

No comments:

Post a Comment