Wednesday 26 May 2010

Day one at new job...

Got up at 5 this morning to get to work for half past... The body is going to need a bit of training to start getting up at this time again. H&R was more of a "start at reasonable hour and work late sort of a job.." I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the wife might be a different matter.
I drove up to High River to pick up (skinnies), but they were 700 pounds themselves so not so small. Apparently (fats) are a lot easier to deal with, but I suppose that's only if they don't kill you first.
I stood back and watched the loading of the animals at first, learning how to prod them and where to stand, which was interesting.. Little did I know that after a 2 hour drive I would be getting in with them..(alone)
After the initial fear and armed with a giant rattle, I proceeded to lead them off.. More to follow..

6 comments:

  1. i am waiting with intrest tom !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh one more thing with cattle they stand with their legs pointing down BUT they will come out along way if they try and kick you so keep your distance mate or it will hurt lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you will be used to smelling bullshit most days after working at 'Hell and Regret' Lol.
    Good luck with the cattle liners mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you thought all meat arrivied in the stores in those packets all the best pal with the new job.
    John Mc Ginnity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys,, its all enjoyment so far...

    ReplyDelete