Thursday 15 April 2010

What a dump of Snow!!!



















Alberta has just had a massive snow fall. Just when you thought it was all over; the winter just drags you back in. This time though the ground is warm and with the sudden rise in temperature today it is melting fast. Everybody sump pumps are filling up; and I can only thank good fortune for not building my house on the other side of the road. That side is open to a massive field and the water runs off it towards the houses, unfortunately putting them in harms way.

I will be going outside in a bit to dig the snow away from the walls of the house, so that as it melts it does not run down directly against the structure. ( The further away from the house the better).

Good news for work this week. I have a run down to San Diego. Ca. It is a bonded load, bound for Mexico, which will see me get a good two days driving in, right off the bat. With a bit of luck the reload will be for Alberta and that will bring me home next week as well. The last two weeks were not very good earners for me, so hopefully I can get a good few weeks consecutive earnings in and try and catch up.

I am looking forward to the kids having their summer holidays, as I am not seeing them a lot lately. Then it won't matter that I am having my days off in the week.

Its less than two months now until the first set of Grandparents turn up and just under three for the second set. We are all really looking forward to this; and what with the warm weather coming, I am predicting a really good summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment