Saturday 7 March 2009

Worried!!!!!!!

Should we be........

The big question I am asking myself now is have we missed the boat. I hope not!

I read a statement on the web the other day which was laying reference to LMO's. Now with this being the reason we have sat in England for the past 7 months, it understandable why it caught my eye. It was saying this.

At present with the economy we are facing in Canada, the Canadian government is reluctant to issue a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) for an individual that are outside of Canada for the position of long-haul truck driver. We as a company are entertaining some additions to our driving force but a being asked by Service Canada to take unemployed or underemployed qualified Canadians first, qualified Permanent Residents second and thirdly those qualified foreign workers in Canada on a work permit that find themselves unemployed at this time. As we move towards May I may have a better idea of our needs and likelihood that a LMO might be granted, please stay in touch, Thank you.

This was the response from a company who had received an application for a job, from a UK based driver. This is the only piece of paper work that we are missing and without we cannot obtain a work permit when we land.

I sit anxious now waiting for a response from my prospective employer.

3 comments:

  1. You wouldn't happen to be planning on going to H&R would you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes do you know something I don't?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom,

    One of the resources of info relevant to your plans (in case you haven't found it yet) is www.britishtruckersabroad.com

    There is a section dedicated to Hit & Run on there that can make for interesting reading.

    Maybe that is what Dave is referring to.

    HTH.

    M.

    ReplyDelete